Alexandre Beridze was born in Leningrad in 1975, he is a grandson of a Russian painter Fedor Kholenkov. He graduated from Tbilisi Academy of Fine Arts. In 2000 Alexandre moved to France and worked as a graphic designer for various advertising agenсies in Paris. For two years Alexandre had been working at Philippe Starck’screative laboratory where he took master class on the theory of minimalism called “Less is more”. Also in Paris he was involved in designing interiors of private houses and boutiques as well as visual merchandising for Kenzo, Sonia Rykiel, Galeries Lafayette and many others. In 2012 Alexandre designed the interior of a Michelin restaurant Le Parvis in a French town of Saintes. He also had a number of projects in Baku and Moscow, e.g. interior design for Lux Émotion boutique in Vremena Goda shopping mall in Moscow.
Since 2005 Alexandre has regularly participated in art exhibitions. Among the most noticeable ones recently was his personal exhibition in Adler Gallery Paris (75, Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, Paris) in 2011. Bertrand Saint Vincent, the editor-in-chief of a renowned French newspaper Le Figaro, wrote an article about this exhibition that appeared on the front page on March 8, 2011. The same year Alexandre participated in Art Paris Art Fair and Florence Biennale, and in 2014 he had his personal exhibition in Art House, Monaco.
Art critics point out rich color palette of Alexandre Beridze’s works, his experiments with coloristics, various painting techniques and graphic images. The artist has formulated his own art theory and called it “Lines of Color”. This theory gave the name to the exhibition in Adler Gallery, which, basing on the idea of spectrum, stated that everything around us consists of color fragments and lines that together form the whole picture.
Alexandre calls his art style ‘expressive suprematism’: he creates new visual dimension through the combination of abstraction and geometry.
There is a permanent kaleidoscope in front of our eyes. And the beauty exists only in the soul of a person who watches— Alexandre Beridze
Alexandre Beridze’s paintings can be found in the collections of such celebrities as Ivana Trump, Joan Collins and many others.
11 décembre 2013 London , Phillips ” Under The influence” 114/146cm Sold 18.000E
10 décembre 2014 London. , Phillips ” Under The Influence” 114/146cm Sold 12.000E
December 9, 2015. London , Phillips ” New& Now” 70/110cm Sold 12.000E
February 28, 2017. New York , Phillips ” New& Now” 49/70cm Sold 3.500 $
Awards and prizes
In 2014 Alexandre Beridze won Sandro Botticelli award that is given every year in Florence to the distinguished contemporary artists.
- June 1 —September 3, 2017 — Personal exhibition ” Figuratif Mental” under the patronage of the city hall, Parc Phoenix, Nice, France
- March 10 —April 27, 2017 — Personal exhibition ” Les Fragments Capturés” under the patronage of the city hall, Parc Phoenix, Nice, France
- November 10 — December 31, 2016 — Personal exhibition ” Fragments”, Art Thema Gallery, Brussel, Belgium
- October 1 —December 31, 2016 — Instant Art Gallery, Saintes, France
July 31, 2015 — August 21, 2015 Personal exhibition Gallery Dadiani Fine Art Monaco.Official programme of The the Year of friendship Russia and Monaco
August 2014 — Personal exhibition in Art House, Monaco
- February 2013 — Personal exhibition in Orel Gallery, Paris, France
- June–July 2012 — Exhibition of Alexandre Beridze in Quai des Artiste, Monaco
- December 3–8, 2011 — Florence Biennale, Italy
- July 20 – August 15, 2011 — International Autumn Fair, Sarria, Spain
- March 31 – April 3, 2011 — Art Paris, Paris, France
- March 1 – April 2, 2011 — Pas Sage Gallery, Saintes, France
- February 11 – March 5, 2011 — Personal exhibition “Lines of Color”, Adler Gallery, Paris, France
- October 23 – November 7, 2010 — 9th exhibition of contemporary art within the program of ‘Year of Russia in France’.
- March 12–17, 2010 — London art 2010, Waldorf Palace, London, Great Britain.